Ok, I thought I had posted this last month. Here is the original version:
I haven’t posted in a while — since looking into put this home on the market and finding another home. Let me tell you our home had three offers in three days. We accepted the easiest one.
We spent about two weeks trying to get some personal items and some of the dishes boxed for the listing pictures. I told my realtor she was a slave driver in getting the home ready for those pictures. But she is good. And she uses a professional to take the pictures. Yes, that is part of her commission. So if your realtor tells you cell phone pictures are ok, you are getting cheated for what that realtor is spending your commission for. We had not even looked at homes on the market for ourselves when the offers came in. So we spent the weekend scoping-out the possibilities. Get this, in our price range there were only 4, maybe 5, that I might have walked into. But after driving by them, that turned to only two. Yep, two! Then on the day we were going to visit those properties one was taken off the market. Something to do with the title. So that left a home further out than we wanted and over a hundred years old. Would you not know it, I fell in love?!
So, we were looking at it a second time and the owner [which was supposed to be a great contractor that buys older homes and gets them secure] was at the property. He told us he had updated the electric to where we could visibly see. And that he had removed the old gas stove and installed a new electric range. He showed us the work on the flooring and the work on the shingled tin roof. This sounded very reassuring; thus we made an offer. After having the home inspected, we had a list that the seller agreed to complete and take care of. So, you think he would have made sure the work was done at a timely manner. We had ours done in three days. When the inspector went to do his work nothing was done; even after we delayed the inspection date. That was a waste of my money. We found that the loving seller had mixed wiring and there was not a plug installed for the stove. So, now we are unsure about getting the home because the county fire inspector could shut the home down and not allow it to be sold. This girl is not handling that very well.
This girl has her country hymns blaring in the house and praying that she does not lose it. She has a headache from all the crying. She even told her realtor that she dares that seller/contractor to come near; her because she will do something his mom forgot to do and use a broom upside his rear. I do not take to being lied to!
I listen to my tunes on an app, and the Father is letting me hear all the hymns He wants me to hear. Isn’t that great? Getting to hear the things that we need to hear if we just listen? I have belted out songs, I have cried thru some of them, I have peace thru some. And when a girl is needing all of the above it is so reassuring to get those things. The music is doing what reading could not do. I could not get all the worry off my mind no matter how much I prayed for a message as I read scripture.
Thru trials, troubles, and uncertainties I know my Jesus is there. I am trusting that He uses the seller to tell me to stay with this home or just keep looking. I know I am biased towards it, that means I will not make the correct decision or the one He would have me make. I am hoping He fills me with hope and faith that the right decision will be made.
Let me share some of the verses that I have read throughout this.
11) Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am , therewith to be content.
12) I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
13) I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
11) For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
12) O LORD of Hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.
2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of GOD,
17) Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
25) Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and body than raiment?
26) Behold the fowls of the air; for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?